The CBCC CyberKnife Center
CBCC is proud to offer a revolutionary new treatment for inoperable or surgically complex benign and malignant tumors—the CyberKnife® System, located on the CBCC campus in our free-standing CyberKnife Center.
The CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System was the first in Kern County, and one of only 150 worldwide. Pain-free, non-surgical, and given on an out-patient basis, the CyberKnife can deliver targeted radiation therapy to a tumor located anywhere in the body from virtually unlimited positions.
What Is Different About CyberKnife?
The CyberKnife Sytem's advantages include:
- The ability to treat tumors anywhere in the body
- Continual tracking, detection and correction for tumor and patient movement throughout the treatment
- Delivering high-dose radiation with sub-millimeter accuracy, minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue
- Treating tumors from virtually unlimited directions using flexible robotic mobility
- Providing an option for patients diagnosed with inoperable or surgically complex tumors
- Improving the patient's quality of life during and after treatment
- Non-invasive alternative to surgery that can be completed in as few as one to five visits
- Outpatient, pain-free procedure with little or no recovery time or side effects
- Allows for an immediate return to normal activities
- Ability to re-irradiate previously treated sites
Please call CBCC at (661) 616-1651 for more information.