Caring for the Mind, Body & Soul.
At Comprehensive Blood & Cancer Center (CBCC) we are committed to treating the whole person. We believe in providing a fully integrated treatment plan that incorporates the entire patient — body, mind and soul. This combination of scientifically backed Eastern medicinal approaches along with the traditional Western medicine is known as Integrated Medicine. At CBCC we have a dedicated Integrated Oncology Department.
Every person responds differently to cancer treatment and thus we develop a customized Integrated Oncology treatment plan based on the patient’s cancer and his or her current physical and psychological needs.
Everyday we see the incredible effects of modern cancer treatments. While conventional treatments are saving lives every day, we understand how cancer treatment can put a physical, mental and emotional strain on the patient.
- Through the use of recommended supplements and nutritional education, patients are able to maintain a stronger body, which is a far more formable defense against cancer.
- It is universally accepted that the mind and the emotions have a powerful influence on the body. Having the tools to maintain a healthy attitude is vitally important. Patients are taught and encouraged to incorporate meditation, yoga and a number of other effective mind/body techniques.
- Psychological Services
- Classes such as Self Expression and Freedom from the Past
- Mind/Body Education
- Wellness Education
- Stress Reduction Classes
- Heart Centered Healing
Naturopathic medicine is a system that uses organic remedies to help the body heal itself. At CBCC we realize that Naturopathic Medicine has a viable role in assisting our cancer patients. Our Naturopathic team uses natural, safe, non-toxic therapies to support the patient’s own innate healing process.
Your CBCC Naturopathic clinician and your CBCC oncologist work together to provide you the best possible care. Cancer treatment can disrupt the body’s chemistry and side effects can occur. The Naturopathic team suggests natural therapies to support your metabolism, digestion, and immune system as well as to reduce the impact of side effects.
Our Naturopathic clinician is highly trained and experienced with a wide variety of treatment options including:
- Diet and Nutrition: medical nutrition therapy to effectively combat side-effects of treatment using food as medicine.
- Herbal and Botanical Therapies which include herbal extracts and teas.
- Dietary Supplements which generally include vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- Homeopathic Remedies: low doses of plant extracts and minerals that gently strengthen the body’s healing and immune response.
- Physical Medicine and Pain Management using E-Stim, ultrasound and cold laser treatments.
- Lifestyle Counseling: there are medical conditions that can be treated with exercise, improved sleep, stress reduction techniques, food and nutritional supplements.
- Ayurvedic Medicine: to integrate and balance the body, mind and spirit to help prevent illness and promote wellness.
All of our treatments and therapies are provided on-site, including an on-campus dispensary.
When patients are diagnosed with cancer, it is normal to experience stress associated with the many changes a diagnosis brings to their lives. At CBCC, we make it a priority to connect patients and their families with professionals to help them through the emotional part of this journey.
Our team is specially trained to help patients with cancer to relieve the stress, sadness, or nervousness associated with cancer and its treatments. We are available for consultation with individuals, couples, and families. Patients can benefit from an appointment with us if they have cancer themselves, or if a loved one is facing cancer and family members need support.